Tuesday 13 January 2015

In my office - January

 
When I came back to my office after Christmas I found that this plant was in flower. 
Today there were blue skies early on, although the wind was biting.



I confess to quite liking January.
 
I always feel re-invigorated in January (mentally if not physically)
 
I generally start the year on an organised footing.
 
At home I sort out my calendar and clear cupboards.
 
At work I file emails (from over 800 in my inbox to 34 -
lap of honour of the office duly completed).
 
I have decided this year to 'just do it' an old line I know but one that I'm hoping works.
 
I'm a bugger for procrastination, for over thinking.  So 2015 is the year of.....  Just Bloody Do It.
 
As an antidote it is also the year of 'Don't beat yourself up too much if you don't'.
 
Win....win me thinks.

5 comments:

  1. Yep win win, but occasionally I need the threat of being beaten up (by myself of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think the year begins in September when the kids go back to school... January feels like a bit ... blah and cold... and there are way too many rugby and hockey matches too attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about September but by then I have slipped into disorganised mode...

      Delete
  3. 'Just bloody do it' and 'Don't beat yourself up too much if you don't' ... perfect advice, duly noted ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and so far it seems to be working. An update shortly.... hopefully!

      Delete